Few days ago I saw that FunnyFace Beauty extended the deadline for her latest Dare to Wear Challenge, which is not only fun but also for a good cause. Seeing as I have only been following her for a short time, I had no idea she was doing those challenges so the extension benefited me a lot :) For this challenge, she is inviting you to create a look inspired by African tribal images/makeup. Me being myself, I took a look at inspiration pictures she provided, googled some more images, even saved them, but at the end I didn't even look at any of them before starting my look. And of course the colors are not exactly what I would associate with African tribal colors.... Figures.
I started out with my usual primer/foundation/concealer routine, nothing special about that. Then I picked out the colors I would use. A while back I bought some Aromaleigh eye shadows in their closing out sale (big tear here), but they just sat unused so I decided to give them some lovings.
These colors were talking to me... begging to be used.. and while applying my makeup I kept thinking that I look like some kind of tribal mermaid with her war paint on. Tribal Mermaid it is then!
- GOSH Velvet Touch primer
- GOSH Natural Touch foundation in 34 Vanilla
- COLLECTION 2000 Illuminating Touch Light diffusing concealer in 2 Natural
- RIMMEL London Stay Matte pressed powder in Transparent to set the foundation
- AROMALEIGH Gothic Lolita in Aqua Nightmare overall, blended in some places with Cobalt and Watermelon (not sure what collection)
- AROMALEIGH Watermelon and Rocks! Sonic Eyes Hitormiss for the lines
- BOURJOIS Shimmering Shine liquid eye shadow in 35 Gris Platine for the dots
- E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer as a base
- AROMALEIGH Gothic Lolita in Aqua Nightmare on the lid, with Watermelon on the brow bone
- COLLECTION 2000 Extreme 24 hour felt tip liner in Teal for the eyeliner and brows - told you I would use it again today. And let me also tell you how much fun I had trying to remove it! But to be fair, I knew exactly that it would stain, and I wasn't going to use it on my brows..... until it was the perfect color.
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk on waterline
- EYELURE Naturalites Intense eyelashes
- AROMALEIGH Watermelon mixed with Clinique Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss