Sunday, November 21, 2010

FOTD loving me some shiny

Today is a little emotional day for me. A lot actually. Sometimes being a military wife sucks, and today is one of those days. Unfortunately I'm facing 3+ month of those days, and although it's not as bad as for some (15 month deployments anyone?), it still SUCKS! Especially when I'm in a country with no friends and family.

So in order to cheer myself up a little I decided to do some pretty and shiny makeup. My husband approved too, so double points for that!
 I'm in need of serious hair trim, but I'm avoiding the hairdressers for now as I want my temporary color to wash out as much as possible before I color my hair again. THEN I will hit the hairdresser :)



 Closeup of my eyes. I was going for a 'light' smokey look here. Not sure what I got, since I'm still trying to master the smokey eyes, but it was fun trying.

Face:
  • GOSH  Velvet Touch primer
  • GOSH Natural Touch foundation in 34 Vanilla
  • COLLECTION 2000 Illuminating Touch Light diffusing concealer in 2 Natural
  • COVERGIRL Trueblend Minerals loose mineral powder in 405 Translucent Fair
  • REVLON ColorStay Mineral Blush in 030 Roseberry
Eyes:
  •  E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer as a base
  • Urban Decay Suspect all over the lid
  • UD Smog on the crease
  • UD Money on the inner half of the lid
  • Lightest gold from Sleek STORM palette used as a brow highlight and on inner corner of the eye
  • Dark green from Sleek STORM palette on the outer corner/crease (just a tiny bit)
  • Eyeko Graffity Eyeliner Pen in blue on the lash line
  • COVERGIRL Browshaper&Eyeliner in Henna Brown for eye brows
  • No7 Exceptional Definition Mascara in brown
Lips:
  • MAYBELLINE lipstick in 670 Natural Rosewood
  • MAYBELLINE Super Stay lip liner in 41 Rosewood

No comments:

Post a Comment